Monday, January 18, 2010

My Definition of Love

Love: universally, love has been one of the most abstract and difficult concepts to explain. In all honesty, I believe that there is no one true definition of love, because I believe the definition of love varies for every person. So...with that being said...here's MY definition of love: love is one of the most beautiful ugly feelings in the world. Actually, love is far past an emotion or a feeling. I can't really think of a word in the English language for it, but pretty much, loving someone means that they have a piece of you that no one else will ever be able to have. Love is one of the few things that will make you think about someone all day, go to sleep thinking about them, and then they will be the first thought you have when you wake up. Love is one of the only things that will make you pray for a person just to hope that God is watching over them and keeping them okay before you'll even think about praying for yourself. Love is one of the only things that can keep you up all night (I'm not talking about forcible "awakeness", I'm talking about unintentional "awakeness"). What's good (or bad) about love, depending on how you look at it, is that love can't really disappear. Love isn't like a light switch that you can just turn on and off, but love is more like...the sun. The sun, for example, may set but you can see the light of the sun at all times since the moon is reflecting the light of the sun. Love is the same way. Just when you think that you've gotten over love, all it takes is one little reminder and you're back to thinking and feeling the same way about the person that you felt before. As a matter of fact, relating it to chemistry, love is like energy. The Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy can neither be created or destroyed, but it changes from one form to another. After you've found love, you realize that it will never go away and that it may change forms ever so often but generally the same love will always be there. Love is one of the few things that will make a person's demeanor change. By that I mean that if you're in love and things are going well then you'll be one of the happiest people you know, but if love is going wrong, you can be one of the most depressed people that you know, depending on how you handle the situation. But everyone that goes through love that isn't working is going to feel a lot of pain, whether you choose to disguise it or not. This is one of those abstract concepts that I could go on about all day because I've currently seen both sides of love...good and bad. Unfortunately, I'm going through the bad right now. Which is why it is quite simple to sit and write about it. I mean there's just so much on my mind that I wish I could say that I can't really say because it doesn't feel like the right time or place to say it, but all I can say is that I wish...

"I'm young. I'm not perfect. I haven't figured it all out yet. The important thing is that I'm TRYING to figure it all out..." -Joshua Burse-

p.s. Still praying the same prayer: "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment