Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thoughts...pt. 2

So...I've realized several things today. In the words of Lupe Fiasco, "Things grow...people grow...and people grow apart..." It's a sad truth unfortunately but it's a process of life you just have to go through. You never know how bad your situation is until you know how bad someone else's is. You never know what a person is going through until they tell you. You never know what you put a person through until they say something. You never know the consequences of your actions until time comes for that consequence to show it's face. Some consequences are eternal...some are temporary. It all depends. But I've learned...no matter the consequences of your action, it matters not what they are, it matters how you deal with them. It's unfortunate that some people in your life you will lose over certain situations...it's a repercussion of life. It just happens that way. When you lose someone close to you, it's hard to feel like it's not your fault. And it may be, but there are always unforeseen circumstances. You can never control how someone else will feel, and you never know how much effect anything you do does on another person. Time to make this a little personal instead of being vague. I've been saying, "I'm 18. I don't have it all figured out yet. I don't know the best solution for problems..." for a minute. But here's how I feel now: "I'm 18. I may not know the best decision, but I know which ones not to make. I know what ways to not handle my problems." Someone told me it's hard to believe a person can mature in a day and a half...normally that's true, but when a person goes through a situation so severe, they can learn very quickly. It's like a kid touching a hot stove...they touch it once and learn not to touch it anymore. What makes me wonder is that some of the same people that were telling me how they did not want to see me sad were the same people saying bad things about me but that's neither here nor there. All I know is that only time will tell what happens but my feelings still won't change...they'll still be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment