Thursday, August 13, 2009

I wonder what the world would think...

"I wonder what the world would think if I didn't hold my peace and spoke my mind 100% of the time. I wonder what the world would think if I started sending direct shots at people every time I felt the need to. I wonder what the world would think if I actually let everything that was stored in my brain seep out. I wonder what the world would think if I was to make a list of the people who actually cared about me and whoever thought they were supposed to be on it wasn't on it. I wonder what the world would think if I let my radicalist thoughts seep out into the world. I wonder what the world would think if I told the youth what was real instead of that "you can do whatever you put your mind to" thing. I wonder what the world would think if I died tomorrow having never reached my goals. I wonder what the world would think if some people really knew about my past and where I've came from to get to where I am now. I wonder what the world would think if I verbally assaulted everyone that undermined my intellect. I wonder what the world would think if I called out every person by name that has taken me for granted or used me for selfish gain in some kind of way. I wonder what the world would think if I changed the common perception of the African American male. I wonder what the world would think if they actually knew what went on in my head. I wonder what the world would think if I called out every female that has taken me for an idiot and was deceitful right in my face. While I'm there, I wonder what the wold would think if I called out every girl that has actually made me believe that good guys do finish last. I wonder what the world would think if I started to live emotionless and not care about anyone. I wonder what the world would think if I became the next visionary similar to Tupac, Malcolm X, Bobby Seale, and Huey Newton. I wonder what the world would think if I never owned a big house or drove a fancy car but I touched the lives of millions with my words and actions. I wonder...but then again, I guess I always will..."

"In order to understand my train of thought, you'd have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like your's. You don't understand that, you don't understand English ... I'm done talking." -Clifford Harris a.k.a. T.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment