Saturday, October 17, 2009

First half of the semester down...another half to go. I haven't started as strong as I would've liked to but I have another half to go at this school thing with an entire new state of mind. It's still funny...even though my brother went to college and my mom is working on her endorsement and her Ph.D., I never saw myself as being the "collegiate boy". I guess that's why, psychologically, I kind of struggled through this first semester because I didn't think I should be here. But after all of my teachers have told me that I have a great personality and that I have a brilliant mind and I just need to apply it to the right things, I believe that I can be here and succeed. I just have to apply myself in the right way. Especially since I have people that are behind me 100 % (my mom, my brother, Aunt Judy, the rest of my fam, Romeka, Thomas, P. Harris, J. Winfrey, and a couple of other people). I'm actually starting to have some positive hope for the future with this college education thing. Plus, I said I was dedicating my entire collegiate education to Aunt Judy (R.I.P. I still think about you to this day and I miss you) so I can't mess it up. But hey...we'll just have to see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment